I really love to live the van life/car life! Are you out of your MIND! I don’t know what are you doing! YES , there are many mistakes that I have made. I am not going to beat myself up because of that. When I told people that I want to live the van life. I get a lot of response like that. I love how I can explore without worrying about my appearance , peeing in the bushes, asking help from strangers, being myself, being selfless and a problem solver. At first I thought to myself that the van life is not for me. There are a lot of hard work when it comes to planning and budgeting a long road trip.
I find myself asking these questions a lot:
- Where to stay?
- How much cash should I bring?
- What to eat?
- What can i do when I arrive at a destination?
- Where to shower/wash my clothes?
- Where should I visit first?
- Where to park my car overnight?
- How long am I staying in one area?
- Who else should I meet/stay with?
- If I go hiking, how long is the hike?
- How to hand wash my clothes in the river stream? (I did that but my clothes still stink)
- How to pay for a speeding ticket in the states?
- How to save $ on a road trip?
Of coarse I had to change my plans to alter the new problems that I encounter. You can always change your plans/itinerary but always make sure that you do not change your goals. I am pretty disappointed that I had to cancel some of my plans that I was looking forward to do! But hey there are some things that happened along the way that are out of my control. What I did not do is that I did not give up on my end goals. If I did that, I would have regret not finishing my road trip that I originally planned!